Appalachian Service Project Trip This domestic mission project is in West Virginia. Senior high and adults are welcomed to be part of this ministry. We help repair homes for low-income families while demonstrating our love for Jesus...
Woodside has a heart for mission.
Where is God calling you to serve? Here are a few ideas:
Woodside Service Opportunities:
Time Sensitive Volunteer Opportunities:
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Interfaith Food Alliance (IFA) Community Garden 2021 - Yardley, PA (Summer/Fall 2021):
- Hope Garden: Assistance with weeding, watering, picking and delivering the produce is needed throughout the growing season. No experience necessary! Contact Kathy Fitchett at
- IFA Food Pantry: assisting with grocery shopping when the pantry is open to guests, stocking shelves, holding a food drive, bringing in large donations, shopping for an item or two to donate during your regular grocery shopping trips, or making a financial donation. To sign up for a shift: https: Family Backpack Center Sign Ups
- Food Pantry Delivery Volunteers Needed (all year round):
- Nonperishable food is donated each week and collected at Woodside where it supports 2 area food pantries - The Family Backpack Center which operates out of Morrisville UMC: 501 Maple Ave, Morrisville, PA and The Penndel Pantry: 349 Durham Rd, Penndel, PA. Seeking volunteers to deliver the food. This can be once or as your schedule permits. A sign up email is generated every few months and you can pick your date(s). Deliveries to Penndel are Tuesday morning between 10am – 12pm. Deliveries to The Backpack center are on Tuesday evenings between 4pm – 8pm. You may pick up the food from Woodside on Tuesdays from 9am – 12pm. Please bring your own box/bin/bags to carry the food. Thank You! Food Pantry Delivery Sign Up
- A Soldier’s Hands – Handwritten cards/letters needed (Deadline 10/15/2021):
- About a month ago, it was brought to our attention that there are 50,000 American's serving in bases in Germany. The goal is to send each of them a handwritten note and a star from a retired flag. Great service opportunity for families, scouts, schools, etc.! Drop off your letters/cards at Woodside. Questions? Email Trish Shallenberger at
- HELP Center – 194 Commerce Circle, Bristol, PA (all year round):
- Seeking volunteers to help unpack, inspect, and display donations in their “store” setting. They are open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays with two shifts on each day: 10am – 12pm and 1pm - 3pm. They extend their hours on the first Tuesday (until 8pm) and Saturday (9-1). Sign up schedules are published at the following link: United Way of Bucks County: Volunteer at the HELP Center (signupgenius.com)
- HomeFront and TASK: Meal Pick-up and Delivery Person:
- Help is needed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to Pick up meals (there are usually about 4 medium sized boxes) at around 11:15/11:30am from TASK-Trenton Area Soup Kitchen located at 72 Escher Street, Trenton NJ 08609 and deliver to HomeFront Family Campus located at 101 Celia Way, Ewing NJ 08628 by noon that same day. TASK and HomeFront are about 15 minutes apart from one another. Questions? Contact Liza Peck at 609-883-7500 ext. 315 or
- Neighborhood Food Drive:
- Host your own food drive right in your own neighborhood and deliver to a pantry of your choice! Email Sue Harris-Miller at for a packet with instructions, tips/tools, and list of pantries!
- Adopt a Family:
- Join the Sower’s Club at Woodside and financially help a family for 1 year. Email Cynthia Montes at .
- Red Cross:
- Donate at local drives! Find a blood drive here. Several held at Woodside throughout the year!
- Woodside’s Welcome Team:
- Seeking friendly, welcoming volunteers to greet folks on Sundays! Would you consider signing up one Sunday to help others feel welcome at Woodside? Email Rita at for more info!
Woodside has a heart for mission. One of the highlights of 2019 was framing a Habitat House right in the parking lot.
With 4 Sunday services audio visual support is essential! Training is provided for the sound system, light board and camera equipment.
Not Sure Where to Serve?
Check out this list of options and select what interests you. Remember, you're not committing to serve in this area...just learn more about it.
Senior high youth and adults have traveled to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island since 2004. We work with Raoul and Karen Armbrister of Karazim Ministries. Work focuses on repairing homes damaged and destroyed from recent hurricanes and...
The second Monday of every month the Dinner Ministry team prepares and serves a community meal in the Vineyard. Helpers are always needed to shop, prepare, serve and clean up the meal. The commitment level varies.
Every summer Woodside sends a team of missionaries to the Dominican Republic for a short-term mission project. We partner with the Foundation for Peace, an organization with staff, facilities and experience in the D.R. Our goal is to work hand in...
Working with our longtime mission partner - the Foundation for Peace, Woodside is actively involved in building and expanding a vocational school in Eastern Haiti. This project is an extension of relief efforts Woodside and Foundation for Peace...
Woodside offers quarterly luncheon and worship service celebrating those seeking recovery.
Adopt a Family – join the Sower’s Club at Woodside and help a family for 1 year. Email Cynthia Montes at . AHTN – make fleece blankets for the homeless (great for teens!), sort current donations and take inventory of what...