Every Other Thursday at 7pm on Zoom: Leaders are Jacquie Cole and Kathy Johnson
It is Woodside’s desire to be a Church which looks like Heaven.
"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: 'Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.'” Revelation 7:9-10
Since it is God’s will to unite people of all nations, tribes, peoples, languages and races in Jesus Christ, we must confront and dismantle racism. Here are resources which will help you learn about systemic racism and begin to take actions to demolish the barriers which divide our nation and the Church.
Join Faith & Prejudice to listen and learn from Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship President Dr. Tony Evans, First Baptist Church of Glenarden Pastor John Jenkins and Be the Bridge Founder Tasha Morrison about the complicated, often painful history of race and the church. Watch it on the Faith and Prejudice Facebook page.
There are also resources on the Faith and Prejudice website here.
Resources available FREE on RightNow Media
- Oneness Embraced with Tony Evans
- The Color of Compromise – Jemar Tisby
- Race, Justice and the Church – Eric Mason
- Integrated Yet Still Segregated – Leonce Crump II
- Race & Reconciliation – Thabiti Anyabwile
- How to Talk About Race & Privilege – Jada Edwards
Watch: Just Mercy – Available on Amazon
Read: Be the Bridge – Latasha Morrison
- Pray to Overcome Racism and for God to soften and change hearts
- Start a Book Club or Bible Study using one of the above Resources
- Support Black Businesses
- Befriend with someone who is different than you, listen to their story
- Watch the Documentary 13TH - Available on Netflix and Amazon
- Speak out against racism in all its forms
- Review the history books being used to teach history in our schools
- Communicate with elected officials your opposition to racism
- Donate Money to organizations working to advance racial equity in America