Appalachian Service Project Trip This domestic mission project is in West Virginia. Senior high and adults are welcomed to be part of this ministry. We help repair homes for low-income families while demonstrating our love for Jesus...
Woodside has a heart for mission.
Where is God calling you to serve? Here are a few ideas:
Woodside Service Opportunities:
Time Sensitive Volunteer Opportunities:
- United Way of Bucks County/The Red Cross/The HELP Center in Bristol:
- Collecting items to provide emergency supplies and essential home goods to local residents affected by affected by recent storms and flooding.
- Woodside is accepting: bath towels, complete sheet sets (twin, full, and queen), undergarments (socks, undershirts, and underpants), and laundry detergent. All items must be new and in their original packaging, please.
- We will deliver the items weekly to the HELP Center. Look for the green bin in the church lobby to drop off your donated items. Thank you for helping our neighbors!
- Habitat for Humanity-Woodside Events:
- Sat, July 31st: 8:20 AM - 4 PM Seeking 5 volunteers, meet onsite at 622 Spruce St Bristol PA 19007. No experience is necessary! Habitat trains all volunteers for the task of the day! Sign up here: Faith Build link sign up
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Interfaith Food Alliance (IFA) Community Garden 2021 - Yardley, PA!
- Garden: Assistance with weeding, watering, picking and delivering the produce is needed throughout the growing season. No experience necessary!
- IFA Food Pantry: assisting with grocery shopping when the pantry is open to guests, stocking shelves, holding a food drive, bringing in large donations, shopping for an item or two to donate during your regular grocery shopping trips, or making a financial donation. For more information or to volunteer Contact: Diane Casey at 595.5623 or email .
- Preschool Request:
- The playground has a chalkboard that requires upgrades/repair and repainting. If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact Sherri Wolf directly at:
- HELP Center – 194 Commerce Circle, Bristol, PA:
- Seeking volunteers to help unpack, inspect, and display donations in their “store” setting. They are open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays with two shifts on each day: 10am – 12pm and 1pm - 3pm. They extend their hours on the first Tuesday (until 8pm) and Saturday (9-1). Sign up schedules are published at the following link: United Way of Bucks County: Volunteer at the HELP Center (signupgenius.com)
- HomeFront and TASK: Meal Pick-up and Delivery Person:
- Help is needed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to Pick up meals (there are usually about 4 medium sized boxes) at around 11:15/11:30am from TASK-Trenton Area Soup Kitchen located at 72 Escher Street, Trenton NJ 08609 and deliver to HomeFront Family Campus located at 101 Celia Way, Ewing NJ 08628 by noon that same day. TASK and HomeFront are about 15 minutes apart from one another. Questions? Contact Liza Peck at 609-883-7500 ext. 315 or
- A Soldier’s Hands: Letter Making!
- A Soldier's Hands is having Letter Writing Campaign! Their biggest need is for more letters to include in the packages they send to our deployed troops. Questions or need some tips? Email Trish at . Please send your completed letters in one package to: 2277 Oak Leaf Drive, State College, PA 16803
- Neighborhood Food Drive:
- Host your own food drive right in your own neighborhood and deliver to a pantry of your choice! Email Sue Harris-Miller at for a packet with instructions, tips/tools, and list of pantries.
- Adopt a Family:
- Join the Sower’s Club at Woodside and help a family for 1 year. Email Cynthia Montes at .
- Food Pantry:
- Donate food at Woodside in the lobby when church is open and we will be sure to get your donation to a local pantry.
- Red Cross:
- Donate at local drives! Find a blood drive here. Several held at Woodside throughout the year!
- Woodside’s Welcome Team:
- Sign up to help others feel welcome! Email Karen Savage at .
Woodside has a heart for mission. One of the highlights of 2019 was framing a Habitat House right in the parking lot.
With 4 Sunday services audio visual support is essential! Training is provided for the sound system, light board and camera equipment.
Not Sure Where to Serve?
Check out this list of options and select what interests you. Remember, you're not committing to serve in this area...just learn more about it.
Senior high youth and adults have traveled to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island since 2004. We work with Raoul and Karen Armbrister of Karazim Ministries. Work focuses on repairing homes damaged and destroyed from recent hurricanes and...
The second Monday of every month the Dinner Ministry team prepares and serves a community meal in the Vineyard. Helpers are always needed to shop, prepare, serve and clean up the meal. The commitment level varies.
Every summer Woodside sends a team of missionaries to the Dominican Republic for a short-term mission project. We partner with the Foundation for Peace, an organization with staff, facilities and experience in the D.R. Our goal is to work hand in...
Working with our longtime mission partner - the Foundation for Peace, Woodside is actively involved in building and expanding a vocational school in Eastern Haiti. This project is an extension of relief efforts Woodside and Foundation for Peace...
Woodside offers quarterly luncheon and worship service celebrating those seeking recovery.
Adopt a Family – join the Sower’s Club at Woodside and help a family for 1 year. Email Cynthia Montes at . AHTN – make fleece blankets for the homeless (great for teens!), sort current donations and take inventory of what...